Translate

About Me

Church Organist by Profession

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Wednesday 21 June

English today. I do not understand why we have to waste time learning about English. It is, after all, our own native language, well most of my class anyway, and even Naziz speaks it fairly well. I have been speaking it for as long as I can remember so I think I can claim to have acquired some knowledge of it along Life’s Way. I think though that it is some of my teachers who need to take GCSE English, for their spelling is abismal in the main. In fact the teacher who is the best speller at my school is Simon, and he teaches woodwork! Mind you, he has probably had lots of practice writing secret letters to Miss Smith when he should have been attending to his educational duties.

There was a spelling error in Question 2 of this morning’s exam – accomodation instead of accommodation. I am writing to the Exam Board about it, also about the attitude of the invigilator when I pointed it out to him. He was quite rude to me, which upset me and may have caused me to lose concentration, as I also mentioned in my letter. I expect that the marker of my paper will be informed and instructed to make appropriate and sympathetic allowances. I should have told the Exam Board that the marker need not, however, make allowances when marking my answer to Question 1 (it was about the Gerund and it had a lot of boxes to tick, most of which contained the wrong answer, but I expect the Exam Board know that already) because I had answered Question 1 before the invigilator chose to make an issue out of a perfectly innocent observation.


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you want to publish a comment to Barry, please do so here: