Translate

About Me

Church Organist by Profession

Friday, August 7, 2009

Tuesday 27 June

Tabor and Zither, but my heart is no longer in it. Mum is furious about the Television. There was a bit of sardine sticking to the Volume Control which I had overlooked, but Mum hadn’t, and she put two and two together and said the cost of repair would have to come out of my earnings. Then, when I got to school everybody was sniggering at me. It seems that Antony has been going round informing everyone that it was he who wrote the steamy letter with S.W.A.L.K on the back of the envelope – “for a giggle.”

It is my fault for mentioning it to Garnham, in strictest confidence (he has the beginnings of a dark moustache, so naturally I thought he would understand.) Word seems to have got around, all the same. I braved it out, of course, pretending that I thought it was a huge joke as well, although I felt as though I had been hit in the tummy with a sock full of wet sand.


Thank heaven I haven’t posted my reply to “My Darling Girl.”


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you want to publish a comment to Barry, please do so here: