Translate

About Me

Church Organist by Profession

Friday, August 7, 2009

Thursday 29 June

The IT exam. I have just ruined the rest of my life. I used to laugh when people on The Weakest Link said “he got two questions wrong”, and say “No he didn’t – he got two answers wrong”, but now I know how they felt.

I wish Mum had let me have that computer I needed. I might have understood the questions better. I couldn’t understand a single word.

I need to find that letter quickly – my whole future hangs in the balance. Evidently I am not cut out for a career in Silicon Valley or Carpentering (despite its honourable historical antecedents for church people such as myself), which leaves me only one option – continuing in my present profession of Church Organisting, and, I suppose, Choirmastering.

I have made a mid-year resolution. The options were: do away with myself or read Dostoyevsky. After careful consideration and two Mars bars I have decided to read Dostoyevsky. He, of all the great English writers, would understand.


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you want to publish a comment to Barry, please do so here: