Translate

About Me

Church Organist by Profession

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Saturday 24 June

I am in turmoil, and I was trying to study for the IT exam next week! The girl in the choir – Rachel or Brenda, I think her name is – has sent me a letter with S.W.A.L.K written on the back of the envelope. I looked S.W.A.L.K up in the big dictionary at home – it means Sealed With A Loving Kiss, which is apparently an example of an Acronym, a word I had not encountered before, not even in my James Bond book. I cannot of course reveal the contents of the letter because of the Laws of Privacy, and I am very annoyed that she forgot to sign it, because I am not actually sure what her name actually is. Luckily the post came when mum had popped out to the shops so I was able to conceal the letter in my satchel for later consideration. I would like to reply, but I am worried that “Dear Madam” might not be the best way to start. Rachel (or Brenda) mentions something in her letter about Facebook. I shall have to find out who wrote it and see if I can borrow it from the library.


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you want to publish a comment to Barry, please do so here: