Translate

About Me

Church Organist by Profession

Monday, August 17, 2009

Sunday 9 July 3:00pm


Big sigh of relief. Ken (that is my Vicar, but he has asked me to call him Ken, which I think is a great privilege) had not come in his Clerical Capacity to administer the Last Rites, but to inquire after my health as a friend of the family. He gave me a bunch of green grapes, some of which must have fallen off in our car in his haste to Visit the Sick, for there were only seven left, but it was a kind thought nonetheless.

But my Vicar – Ken - has asked me when I can resume my duties at the Organ! I said that I hadn’t finished the Task yet, but when he had finished choking on the last grape and going pink all over his face, he said that that was now a minor consideration.

I am sure that Ken wanted to talk to me more about church music and my role in its development, but I think Mum thought I was tired by now, for she said “Enough!” in her dangerous voice, seized him by a triceps (or should that be tricep? I must look it up) and practically dragged him out of my room.

Luckily, as it happens, for my James Bond book was lying open on my Spiderman quilt at page 136, which is the last page I would wish Mum and/or the Vicar, sorry, Ken, to notice that I had been reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you want to publish a comment to Barry, please do so here: