Translate

About Me

Church Organist by Profession

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Tuesday 18 July

Finished my James Bond book, apart from the last chapter which I merely skimmed in order to arrive at the dénouement (or ending), which I thought a little weak. I suppose it is not the plot that matters in a James Bond book, but the descriptive detail, although I am rather surprised that 007 can engage in so much descriptive detail on his diet of nicotine and alcohol. I will ask Mr Grudge for his opinion as a man of Literature, and also there is something that I will probably wish to raise with Miss Smith in her extramuriel class on Friday.

Garnham v grateful for the James Bond book, but now says he has no further information about Antony’s precipitate departure. I believe that this is called Acquiring Property By Deception, and it is probably a criminal offence. It is likely, however, that I would lose Garnham’s friendship if I took legal action against him and he was banged up in chokey for the rest of his natural, and anyway I’ve read the book practically.

But now I must work on my Scales and Arpeggios to prepare myself for my return to the Church Organ on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you want to publish a comment to Barry, please do so here: