Translate

About Me

Church Organist by Profession

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Saturday 1 July


Rabbits! If you say Rabbits as your first word on the 1st of a month you are supposed to have good luck all month. I remembered to say it when I woke up this morning, and I am also writing it here because I could do with a double helping of Good Luck. Mum let slip at breakfast (boiled eggs, but Mum hadn’t given them long enough so they were all runny and disgusting) that the relief organist has invited Antony to sing a solo in church tomorrow! In MY church! I do not hold grudges because to do so is unChristian, but I can no longer consider Antony one of my small number of friends. He is evidently immature, and I cannot understand how he managed to wangle himself into the Cathedral choir. His voice is very shrill and he cannot read music if it has more than one sharp (or flat.) I generally try to be charitable, but with Antony it is very hard work. Is it a sin, I wonder, to give somebody like Antony a good hard kick up his bottom? Probably it is, for the Lord insists that Vengeance is His (I read it in one of the Old Testament books while I was hunting for elusive musical instruments.) Further, Antony is six inches taller than me and he used to take boxing lessons because his father is a Policeman. So I have to swallow my pride and take the line of forbearance, and just hope that the Lord, if he is reading this, will give him a good hard kick up his bottom on my behalf.

Also that book, Crime and Punishment, is very hard work. I read a bit after tea (eggs and chips, and the eggs were properly cooked, so all is not doom and gloom) but it is not as exciting as my James Bond book, so I read some of that instead.


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you want to publish a comment to Barry, please do so here: