Translate

About Me

Church Organist by Profession

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Sunday 25 June, 6:12am

I think I might be in Love. They do say that Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder, and obviously Rachel (or Brenda) is broken-hearted because I am no longer there glaring at her in a masculine way every Sunday. I am going to write to her to apologise and say I probably wasn’t glaring at her in particular, and then I had a brilliant idea when I had to get up to use the toilet a few minutes ago. I shall write A.M.T.H.G.F on the back of the envelope! It would be a hint that her affections are reciprocated. And I do not need to say “Dear Madam” – I can just start by saying “My Darling Girl”!

Since I am up now (”with the lark!”) I will get on with the Task – with renewed vigour. I shall resume with the Psalms, because of their beautiful exotic poetry, and then I think I will venture into the Song of Solomon, for surely King Solomon must have had musicians to beguile him when he wasn’t being called upon to resolve matrilineal disputes or polishing his collection of e.g. Amethysts and Carbuncles and Lapis Lazulis from his extensive network of mine-workings. I do not think they had Radio 3 or even gramophones in BC, let alone CDs or MP3 players, so Solomon probably had to make do with live music.


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you want to publish a comment to Barry, please do so here: