Translate

About Me

Church Organist by Profession

Friday, July 31, 2009

Sunday 18 June

Exams all week, and I feel intellectually exhausted. The Theoretical Woodwork paper was awful. We hadn’t been taught anything about the Deathwatch Beetle, and I blame the educational system in which I am a mere cog, also our woodwork teacher, Simon, who I have to say has not really had his mind on the job since he started going out with Miss Smith from Science. I think that I, having a Profession, am more mature than some of my school friends, and I do notice things, such as Romance in the Air. Luckily we do not have such things as Romance in the Air in church, at least not in my church, where it would be a most unseemly distraction as well as being prohibited in most of the Books of the Old Testament, at least the ones I have read so far.

I’m afraid I was not up the challenges of the Task this morning, so as soon as Mum had gone to church I put the Bible away and read a few chapters of my James Bond book instead, the one I hide under the bed.

I have become so used to not playing the organ on a Sunday that it will seem very strange indeed when the task is completed and I return to my duties and everything goes back to normal.


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you want to publish a comment to Barry, please do so here: