Translate

About Me

Church Organist by Profession

Monday, December 28, 2009

Wednesday 13 September 4:30pm


Simon issued the new timetables this morning. I asked if might have a quick word with him, because, pending the arrival of my corrected examination results, I saw that I was down for Remedial English, Remedial French and Remedial IT with the 4th Form that I have just left. I protested that I hadn’t even taken French. Simon said he would sort it out. I am also down for General Science, which Simon says is to balance my education. Apparently Miss Smith – in her new capacity of Head of Science – has insisted that all pupils (she calls us Students) should have a nodding acquaintance with subjects which require more for scholastic advancement than an aptitude for placing ticks in little boxes and the ability to write one’s own name. “Do not underestimate Miss Smith”, Simon warned me. “She has a fine mind.” I had a really witty rejoinder on the tip of my tongue, but the dinner bell intervened.

Simon also mentioned, however, that Students in Remedial Classes are to be given priority in the distribution of refurbished laptop computers, and my name is at the top of the list!

It is good to see that my academic promise is at last being recognised.


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you want to publish a comment to Barry, please do so here: