Translate

About Me

Church Organist by Profession

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Friday 8 September


A very offensive letter from the Library this morning, informing me that Goldfinger was due back on 22 August and that I now owe £1.54 in overdue charges! I wrote back immediately, pointing out a) that the loan period of three weeks is woefully inadequate if students of English literature are to give classic novels the scrupulous attention they deserve, and b) that there was a copy in Help the Aged only last week priced at 45p, and the Library would be doing council taxpayers a great service if they bought their books from charity shops in future and were thus able to reduce their punitive penalty charges. I could not find where mum has hidden the stamps, so I was forced to post the letter in the Library letter-box myself, before I had even had my breakfast.

It rained on the way back, and I got soaked.


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you want to publish a comment to Barry, please do so here: