Translate

About Me

Church Organist by Profession

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Tuesday 1 August

A quiet day. I remembered to say Rabbits when I awoke, to avert ill fortune in the new month and to consolidate yesterday’s Good Fortune. I did some piano practice then I went to the library and borrowed another James Bond book. I like Shakespeare enormously, also Dostoyevsky, but James Bond is much better for relaxing reading purposes from my particular point of view. James, or 007 as he is sometimes known, not only has a licence to kill, but is also very suave. Fortunately he is a fictional character – I certainly would not wish him and Rachel to become acquainted! Although I suspect that he would get on very well with Miss Smith, who is much more his type.

Mum is out again tonight at her Women’s Group. I will spend the evening working on A Sonnet for Rachel or reading Goldfinger, or possibly both.

I am sure the Women’s Group choose Tuesday for their meetings because it is the only night that Coronation Street is not on so there is a vacuum to be filled.

They have a speaker tonight, Mum says. A priest is going to talk about the role of women in the CofE. Mum will enjoy that – no doubt it will be all about doing the flowers and the best polish to use on ancient woodwork. Which reminds me – I must check the Daily Mail in the library every day until the piece about me appears. I haven’t told Mum – I want it to be a surprise.


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you want to publish a comment to Barry, please do so here: