Translate

About Me

Church Organist by Profession

Monday, November 16, 2009

Friday 18 August, 6:00 pm

It wasn’t my fault! I tried to explain to Mum that the Daily Mail man was very pleasant and very interested in my Career, but she called me a fool and an idiot. She said I had caused a lot of trouble and she might even be forced to resign from her Women’s Group. I sincerely hope things do not go that far, for I think learning to make jam and quilts would do much to help Mum get over Dad’s* running away. And her culinary skills still require some attention, though there was no egg this morning, runny or otherwise.

I couldn’t see anything wrong with the article, which was quite flattering about me, even though I don’t remember saying that living in our village was like living in a time-warp.

And comparing us to Dibley was most unfair. Dibley, after all, has a Lady Vicar, which in my Church we all agree is quite wrong.

*the ubiquitous Gerund again!


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you want to publish a comment to Barry, please do so here: