Translate

About Me

Church Organist by Profession

Monday, November 9, 2009

Thursday 17 August

Daily Mail cheque for £25 arrived! Unfortunately it is made out to B. Huckbolt, but I am sure my bank will understand. I am in need of funds, for I have formulated a plan – I will drop a note through the letter-box at 143 Bywater inviting Rachel out for a meal!

I know it will cost me several pounds which I can ill afford, but she is worth the investment. I do not wish to embarrass darling Rachel by ostentatious displays of wealth at this early stage in our blossoming relationship, so it is fortuitous that our local chip shop appears to offer an eat-in menu which is not overpriced.

Paper round uneventful, although I had not realised before that so many people retain small but vicious Jack Russell Terriers to lurk beneath domestic letter boxes and yap and leap alarmingly, no doubt in the hope of breakfasting upon an inadvertent finger. We do not keep pet animals in our house. Mum says pets are unhygienic and give you asthma when they are not biting your leg off.


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you want to publish a comment to Barry, please do so here: