Translate

About Me

Church Organist by Profession

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Thursday 24 August

I had a terrible night with nightmares. The thunder kept waking me up and the lightning was awful. At 2am I put my head under the pillow and tried to think of Rachel, but just when it got interesting there would be more thunder so I gave up in the end and tried counting sheep. Unfortunately, just as I was dropping off, sheep Nos 24, 145 and 278 got hit by lightning and burst into flames, uttering anguished cries. And when I did finally drop off, at about 4am, it was to dream about a procession of demonstrating ewes invading my church during the Offertory hymn and holding up placards demanding Safe Grazing for All. It was horrible. It has put me off lamb chops for life.

But every cloud has a silver lining. The BT man was in our street this morning repairing things. Apparently everybody’s phone was out of action last night because of the thunderstorm. Mum has blamed the lightning for damaging our telly as well, and has summoned an Engineer.

But the Sinclair Spectrum is well hidden. Just in case.


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you want to publish a comment to Barry, please do so here: