Translate

About Me

Church Organist by Profession

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Wednesday 20 September

A quick breakfast this morning – just my favourite cereal, Sugar Puffs (with honey goodness, and no added salt!) when my eye was caught by the advertisement for a free gift – the Complete Organ Works of Dietrich Buxtehude.

sugar-puffs-ad

I mentioned it to Garnham at break, but he laughed and said I was imagining it. “They wouldn’t fit inside the packet”, he sniggered. Really, sometimes Garnham can be a pain in the neck. I think I will opt for the pedals edition, because by the time I have saved up the requisite 1,000 tokens I will probably be quite expert, being 53 ½, or thereabouts. Mind you, by that age I will be probably be incapacitated by RSI or BSE or some other affliction so horrible that no-one dares give it a proper name, or else I will be suffering from terminal arthritis from a lifetime of playing the organ in unheated churches.


Still, it's worth asking mum if she could have a word at next PCC, or, even better, asking Gwen if she could preach about the life-affirming properties of Sugar Puffs, and just happen to mention that at the back of church there will be a collecting box for tokens - in aid of the Choir Fund, of course.


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you want to publish a comment to Barry, please do so here: