Translate

About Me

Church Organist by Profession

Friday, January 29, 2010

Saturday 23 September 8:30am


No post.  I saw the postman go past on his bike five minutes ago.  It is a great disappointment, I must say, and I am inclined to agree with Mr Grudge, who regards all forms of communication since the invention of the Carrier Pigeon as unnecessary and undesirable. “The Quill and the Pigeon”, Mr Grudge regularly intones.  “Mark my words: The Quill and the Pigeon.”  Garnham once asked Mr Grudge if The Quill and Pigeon was the name of his favourite public house, and got a double detention for impertinence.

I would like to be at my laptop learning even more about IT, but mum beat me to it, and has been up and firing off e-mails in all directions since 7:00am.

I could tell her that our machine is evidently faulty, for the e-mails are not being delivered, but she will just have to find out the hard way.  I shall therefore boil myself an egg to keep my strength up and then wait until she goes shopping, when I will have the laptop all to myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you want to publish a comment to Barry, please do so here: