Translate

About Me

Church Organist by Profession

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Wednesday 3 May


My new Vicar set me a task the other day. “Barry”, he said, “I could do with an list of all the musical instruments mentioned in the Bible. It is for an sermon. I have consulted various Concordances, but I fear they might be a little out of date. You, being a musician as well as an organist, are ideally placed to assist me in this matter.”

My bosom swelled with pride, I don’t mind admitting. True, it will be a wrench, for he insisted that I take the next few Sundays off my organ duties – on full pay – so that this additional task does not interfere with my very important GCSE homework. I am doing woodwork and IT to improve my Career Prospects in case I decide against going into Church Organisting as a full-time occupation, and my music teacher says she thinks it is a very wise decision.



No comments:

Post a Comment

If you want to publish a comment to Barry, please do so here: