Translate

About Me

Church Organist by Profession

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Sunday 7 May


It was a little strange this morning, not sitting at my console and glaring at the choir as is my custom on the Sabbath. But I have started the task, and already, glancing at random through Holy Scripture, I have discovered the Trumpet. I have bought a small notebook to record the page numbers in my Bible where musical instruments are mentioned, and I have entered TRUMPET on the top line of Page 1. I didn’t realise I was supposed to keep the receipt if I wanted to claim for the notebook, but I’ll know better next time, if my researches require a second. I don’t mind helping my Church with its funding so I haven’t made a big fuss about it. Mum seemed quite pleased when I told her, and she made me a big cooked breakfast, which was nice (though unexpected.)

They did the service without organ this morning. Apparently the choir sang something and then they sang something else. But as you know I have as little to do with the choir as possible.



No comments:

Post a Comment

If you want to publish a comment to Barry, please do so here: