Translate

About Me

Church Organist by Profession

Friday, July 31, 2009

Sunday 11 June

Disaster - I’d just started work when I had a migraine so Mum packed me off to bed in a darkened room. She says I am working too hard.

When she got back from Church she said it was a good job I wasn’t there. The relief organist has brought a lot more people for the choir, apparently. They must have brought all their fans and mums and dads and grannies along as well, Mum said, because the church was nearly full and she and Mrs Ramsbotham had a heated argument with some complete strangers who tried to sit in their seats! But the collection was nearly double, she said, so it might be worth my trying* again to get the money back for that notebook. It is just a matter (said Mum) of catching the Treasurer off-guard when she is in a good mood. Though, church finances being what they are, I imagine that that is seldom.

*another Gerund!



No comments:

Post a Comment

If you want to publish a comment to Barry, please do so here: